Blog - Promoting Work Place WellBeing in your company
Last Updated: 07 Apr 2016
Promoting workplace wellbeing should be a top priority for any business.
Did you know that the European Network for Workplace Health Promotion has defined workplace health promotion as the combined efforts of employers, employees and society to improve the health and well-being of people at work?
Did you know that many countries now engage in more and more teambuilding activities to benefit the health and wellbeing of their staff.
A happy and content workforce will provide maximum effort and productivity for their employers, customers and other employees.
Team building has become more common in the workplace with companies spending more and more time and resources in protecting and maintaining the mental health and wellbeing of their employees.
Group Drumming and Creative Play has become extremely popular in many environments such as HealthCare facilities, Schools and Educational groups, Community Groups and Now Corporate Teams.
Group Drumming is Unique in the way it can unite people of all ages regardless of musical ability or experience.
With some facilitation a group can Relax have Fun and play together in a Friendly non competitive environment almost instantly.
Some of the many Benefits Group Drumming and Team Building can have on your Workforce.
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Reduced stress
- Improve staff morale
- Increase job satisfaction and productivity
- Improve sense of well-being
- Creates a sense of connectedness.
Here’s why drumming is good for you:
- Makes you Happy and Energized.
- Drumming releases endorphins and Alpha waves in the brain, which are associated with general feelings of well-being and euphoria.
- Induces deep relaxation.
- In one study, blood samples from participants who participated in an hour-long drumming session revealed a reversal in stress hormones.
- Drumming Helps control chronic pain.
- Drumming promotes the production of endorphins and endogenous opiates, which are the body’s own morphine-like painkillers.
- Drumming provides a cardio workout and Physical Stimulation.
- Drumming takes you into the present moment.
- Allows for personal transformation.
- Drumming stimulates creative expression.
- When you drum in a group, you not only get to self-express, but you get feedback from the other drummers.
- It’s the equivalent of talk therapy! Drum circles provide a means of exploring your inner self.
- Most Importantly DRUMMING IS FUN..
- Studies show that drumming circles boost the immune system.
- Releases negative feelings. The act of drumming can serve as a form of self-expression. You can literally drum out your feelings. When held, negative emotions can form energy blockages.
At Jabba Jabba Jembe we provide a range of workshop events to suit your needs, we can tailor programs to suit office parties, Team Building sessions, Ice Breaker sessions for Conference and meetings there are many possibilities.
Our Clients include Google, Facebook, Microsoft, HSE
A big thank you to Dave at Jabba Jabba Jembe for the fantastic African Drum Workshop we had onsite last week.
The team really enjoyed learning to play the rhythms and building on it to create a unique sound.I was delighted to see everyone relaxing after a long week of meetings, it was the perfect wind down and a great way to have some fun
Everyone enjoyed the ‘free styling’ and really got into the spirit of the event by trying out all the different instruments.
It was a fun and relaxed team building exercise – something different to try, I highly recommend it!
We can provide workshops on site at your premises or in a venue of your choice.